Saturday, October 4, 2014

Aromaleigh Diavoli Swatches and review! PT 1 PICTURE HEAVY

Hello everyone!

Welcome to my blog! For my very first REAL post I'm going to be reviewing the Diavoli collection from Aromaleigh Mineral Cosmetics! I was offered the chance to review this lovely set by Aromaleigh and of course said yes! I've been purchasing from them ever since they reopened their shop back in 2011-2012. I had eyeshadows from their previous store front that an old roommate had left behind for me when she moved out. There were several colors from many different collections and I completely fell in love. To say that the shop owner and color creator, Kristen, has a knack for mixing colors is an understatement. I own around 4-500 Aromaleigh shades and each one is completely different then the last one. I do have such a weak spot for Aromaleigh products! The Diavoli (Which is Italian for Devil) collection is their newest one, released just in time for Halloween! It is inspired by the Malebranche demons of Dante's Inferno. Aromaleigh calls them 'multi-chromes', and I can dig it. These colors are definitely very intense shifty shades! I tried my best to capture them in the photos I took but some shades just wouldn't cooperate with me. I'm still learning, but I pick up on things quickly. I can always come back and try again. Onto the actual review!

 Upon first glance, this collection looks very dark. Something even my fiancee commented upon, he's very observant and knows how wonderfully bright Aromaleigh colors can be. Especially the ones I usually purchase. These dusky shades are like smouldering gems in their coloring when viewed in the light. True to Aromaleigh products, they are silky, pigmented and complex. I noticed the majority of the undertones are grey, blue, red or brown (The red and brown ones like Malbranche and Rubicante left my skin somewhat stained through my primer and base). Very deep, dark shades with rainbows of sparkle held within ranging from orange, blue, green, pink, purple and gold! I have been working diligently on photos and video for the last few days! I wanted to be able to post the videos but they take FOREVER to upload. Even the shorter ones I filmed can take up to an hour to upload. My internet sucks right now. The new house that I moved into has issues with internet right now that we have to get fixed eventually. I'll post the Shall we get to it?



Alichino


Here is the full collage of photos I took! I'll be breaking these collages down for you and giving a description of Alichino!

 Alichino taken with flash. Swatched over Nyx JEP in Milk.
 Alichino taken with flash. Swatched over Nyx JEP in Pots & Pans.

Alichino taken with flash. Swatched over Nyx JEP in Black Bean 
Alichino taken with flash. Swatched over Italia Eyeliners in Turquoise.
Alichino taken with flash. Swatched over Italia Eyeliners in Neon Blue.
Alichino taken with flash. Swatched over Italia Eyeliners in Violet.

 Alichino taken without flash in natural and fluorescent lighting. Swatched over previously listed colored bases.


Alichino is a muted greyed warm green plush matte base that sometimes appears more blue-grey. It has a strong color traveling duochrome effect which ranges from red to orange to gold.
Aromaleigh's description.

Alichino is a mid tone hunter green/grey with intense fushia and gold shifts. It is colored like an oil slick, it showed up very well on my skin. This one is a favorite! 
My description.
My Youtube swatch video.


Barbarccia



Collage of all swatches.

 Barbarccia taken with flash, swatched over Nyx JEP in Milk.


Barbarccia taken with flash, swatched over Nyx JEP in Pots & Pans.

Barbarccia taken with flash, swatched over Nyx Black Bean. 

Barbarccia taken with flash, swatched over Italia Eyeliners in Neon Blue.

Barbarccia taken with flash, swatched over Italia Eyeliners in Violet.


Barbarccia taken with flash, swatched over Italia Eyeliners in Turquoise.
  
 Barbarccia taken without flash in various lighting, swatched over previously stated bases.


Barbariccia has a muted/greyed dark brown/green “breen” plush matte base that appears more greenish in sunlight and more brownish under indoor lighting.
Aromeleigh's color description.
Barbarccia is a very interesting color. In the sample baggie it appears a deep blue. When applied to different bases and viewed in different lighting the color shifts drastically from a rosey pink and brown to gold and bright green! This is a really lovely and strange color! I've never seen anything quite like it! This one is a favorite!
My description.
My Youtube video of swatches.


Cagnazzo

 Full photo collage.

Cainazzo taken with flash, swatched over Nyx JEP in Milk.
Cainazzo taken with flash, swatched over Nyx JEP in Pot& Pans.

 Cainazzo taken with flash, swatched over Nyx JEP in Black Bean. 

 Cainazzo taken with flash, swatched over Italia eyeliners in Neon Blue.

Cainazzo taken with flash, swatched over Italia Eyeliners in Turquoise. 

Cainazzo taken with flash, swatched over Italia Eyeliners in Violet. 


 Cainazzo taken without flash in various lighting, swatched over previously listed bases.

Cagnazzo has a deep purplish black plush matte base that flashes magenta in certain lighting conditions. This is accented by a strong violet to aqua color traveling multichromatic effect. In other words, this color is super shifty! 
Aromaleigh's description.
A deep, blackened wine base with a raspberry pink-red shift and a slight cerulean color shift. I had a hard time photographing this! It's such a mysterious shade! Definitely something you need to see in person. This color is gorgeous and kind of reminds me of Fyrinnae's Mephisto but has the added gorgeous blue shift. 
My description.
My Youtube video of swatches.



Calcabrina


Collage of all the swatches.

Calcabrina taken with flash, swatched over Nyx JEP in Milk.

Calcabrina taken with flash, swatched over Nyx JEP in Pots & Pans.

Calcabrina taken with flash, swatched over Nyx JEP in Black Bean.

 Calcabrina taken with flash, swatched over Italia Eyeliners in Neon Blue.

 Calcabrina taken with flash, swatched over Italia Eyeliners in Turquoise.

 Calcabrina taken with flash, swatched over Italia Eyeliners in Violet.

Calcabrina taken without flash in various lighitng, swatched over previously stated bases.

Calcabrina is an intense duochrome shade- the base is a very deep brown/violet plush matte, with a vivid color traveling teal/blue multichromatic pigment.
Aromaleigh's description.
Aromaleigh's description is very accurate. The base of this eyeshadow is a smokey violet color with very little sparkle or shimmer in and of itself. Then when the light hits it, the bright blue/green shimmer shines through. I managed to capture some of the violet in a few of my swatch photos but it is a very hidden color shift.
My description. 

My Youtube video of swatches.


The wraps up part 1 of my Diavoli swatches and reviews! All in all, I really like this collection. It's definitely unique and the colors are very versatile. I would say if you've never tried Aromaleigh before, this should be the first thing to try out! I hope you all enjoyed my very first blog post/review! I worked very hard on all of the content held within! Part 2 should be up within a few days! Don't touch that dial, we're just getting started. ;-)


DISCLAIMER: All products in this review were sent to me by the company for reviewing purposes. All opinions in this post are 100% mine. DO NOT USE MY VIDEOS OR PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION OR WITHOUT GIVING ME (Pandora's Makeup Box) CREDIT. I WILL SEND AN ARMY OF SURLY, ANGRY NERDS TO YOUR HOUSE! You have been warned! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment